The ATT Pantech Crossover Go phone ought to be upgraded to Android 2.3 OS in 2011, once farewell time’s wait, yesterday simply on April 5, Pantech finally unharnessed the Gingerbread update for the rugged ATT Pantech Crossover P8000 smartphone. This firmware update not solely upgrade Crossover to Android 2.3 OS from Android 2.2 Froyo, however additionally it brings variety of latest options and performance enhancements to the Crossover.
The update isn't sent out via the OTA; however it's available for download and should be put in via a Windows-based laptop. As for the way manually download and Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on Pantech Crossover, we tend to bring the introducing here, simply follow the steps below:
Requirements: one. All user knowledge is going to be removed once OS upgrade. To forestall loss of information throughout the upgrade, backup knowledge with Pantech computer Suite [download]. Contacts, Calendar, SMS, Call log, and Bookmark knowledge are going to be solely insured by Pantech computer Suite.
You would like to try and do this on a Desktop/Laptop laptop Running Either Microsoft Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), 7, Vista, or XP.
Ok, currently let’s start. ATT cellular phone issues and Solutions
1. Connect your att pantech p8000 smartphone together with your computer via an usb cable.
2. Download the Pantech Crossover upgrade tool package from Pantech official web site to your computer, then head to extract the files, Once the .zip file is unzipped, double click the Pantech_Crossover_OS-Upgrade_Tool_1.12.0303.exe[Download here] file to start the installation method. You may be prompted asking you to form changes, choose “Yes” to continue.
3. You may have a popup screen welcoming you to the ATT Pantech Crossover OS Upgrade Tool Install Shield Wizard. Click “Next” to continue.
4. So as to continue, please scan and settle for the License Agreement by clicking the radio button next to “I settle for the terms within the license agreement”.
5. Please choose the directory to put in the new program (most users click “Install” to use default setting).
Note: The installation method can take a number of minutes.
6. Upon completion of the installation tool, click “Finish” and then run the ATT Pantech Crossover OS Upgrade Tool that ought to be put in where you selected within the previous step.
7. You may be prompted to permit PantechDownloader.exe choose “Yes” to continue.
8. Please wait a flash whereas the Upgrade Tool connects to your ATT Pantech Crossover device.
9. Once the dialogue box confirms that the device is connected, please click “Next” to continue.
10. Once again, you may be prompted to simply accept the agreement. Please do that before clicking “Start”. Installation method takes a number of minutes, please don't disconnect device throughout method.
11. Once you are prompted that the upgrade is completed, you'll press shut. At now, the method is complete.